The ‘Fundación Turismo Palma de Mallorca 365' is a non-profit, tourism-based, externally promoted foundation.
The Foundation aims to promote and spread knowledge on tourism in the city of Palma de Mallorca and, when appropriate, on the island of Mallorca, and carry out the following related activities:
- Highlight the touristic, cultural and patrimonial resources, both public and private, of the city of Palma de Mallorca, as well as Mallorca’s other municipalities.
- Promote the active presence of Palma de Mallorca as a destination in tourism markets and, when appropriate, Mallorca’s other municipalities, to carry out joint promotional activity.
- To improve the destination’s offering with regard to tourism through the creation, development and promotion of touristic, innovative and differentiating products.
- To organise familiarising trips and promotional campaigns at a domestic and international level.
- To facilitate the participation and collaboration of all economic sectors and public services belonging to the city of Palma de Mallorca in tourism management and external promotion.
- To compile, produce, edit, disseminate and develop outreach material, advertising and image-related material in order to raise awareness of tourism resources, assets and services the destination offers, and capture new visitors.
- To promote activities geared towards increasing the city’s touristic and commercial demand.
- To ensure that the cultural, architectural and natural heritage, as well as the identity and traditions of the city of Palma de Mallorca, are key elements in diversifying the touristic offering, so that its cultural uniqueness becomes another tool for overcoming the problem of seasonal tourism and attracting tourists all year round.
- To plan, manage and promote tourism development, as well as manage public tourism resources when needed and when it is in the general interest of the city.
- To plan, manage, promote and carry out all the other activities that may lead to an increase in the quality of the destination’s touristic offering.
- To manage and promote innovation and continuous improvement in the quality of tourism and non-tourism services, both public and private, as well as sustainable development.
- To coordinate and harmonize public and private initiatives related to tourism so long as they are in line with established tourism policies.
- To act, when appropriate, as a point of contact for different public administrations and private entities on tourism matters and all matters that affect tourism across the board.
- To present requirements and suggestions deemed to be of interest in contributing towards the improvement of the destination’s tourism plan, to competent bodies and authorities.
- To promote and develop analysis and studies that help in understanding the state of tourism in the destination, offering the information obtained to all interested parties.
- To promote and impart training geared towards improving the professional competencies of employees working in the tourism sector.
To promote and participate, if needs be, in agreements, arrangements and contracts with other bodies to carry out the promotion of tourism in the city of Palma de Mallorca, as well in the island’s other municipalities.
- To unify and channel an integrated communication strategy for the destination, intended for its citizens and visitors, in which all sectors are represented.
- To support the development of tourism infrastructure for ancillary services.
- To promote the city of Palma de Mallorca and, when appropriate, the island of Mallorca, as a specialised centre for holding conferences, fairs, conventions, workdays, seminars and incentive trips, as well as the existing infrastructure dedicated to business tourism.
- To promote the city of Palma de Mallorca as a destination in cruise markets and, therefore, the development of cruise ship traffic, and to promote and develop nautical tourism.
- To offer an advice service for all operators in the tourism sector.
- To create, obtain and administer resources to develop the Foundation.
The Fundación Turismo Palma de Mallorca 365 is a joint body. Its public area is composed of the Ajuntament de Palma and Ports de Balears. Both entities make up 51% of the Foundation.
The remaining 49 % is made up of the following private patrons:
Baleares Consignatarios Tours, s.l.
Arabella Hospitality España, SLU
Balearia Eurolíneas Marítimas, S.A.
Palma de Mallorca Aquarium, S.A.
Air Europa Líneas Aéreas, SAU.
Viajes Soltour, S.A
City Sightseeing España, S.L.
Iberostar, Hoteles y Apartamentos, S.L.
"Hotel Beds Group, S.L. "
Meliá Hotels International, S.A.
Hoteles Pabisa, SLU
Viajes Sidetours, SA.
HM Hotels, S.L.
RIUSA II, S.A. (Riu Hotels)